Detroit | Michigan | United States | 48202
Under limited supervision, installs, tests and repairs instrumentation systems utilized by production equipment to ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
Typically reports to a supervisor and/or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
1. Plans, develops and directs the work activities of staff.
2. Support project maintenance and construction.
3. Prepares and reviews field and special reports, including instrument calibration and maintenance reports.
4. Prepares work orders to request systems maintenance and verifies work completion.
5. Dispatches field operator crews to remote systems in response to operational difficulties.
6. Makes appropriate informational contacts.
7. When needed, ensures operational needs are met with the systems and instrumentation availability.
8. Support the project supervisors or managers during bidding projects by providing quotation on instrumentation and control systems.
9. Support the designs of projects.
10. Verifies that the configuration of process control strategies.
11. Reviews and recommends process control strategies.
12. Responds to emergency conditions/support to customers.
13. Adjusts system control parameters to accommodate major maintenance and construction.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Successful completion of coursework in basic principles of electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics. Certification with ISA (levels I, II or III). Experience with PLC’s, SCADA systems, DCS, Radio Networks and UPS. Completion of an appropriate sequence of courses in distributed process control from a recognized training provider or completion of plant operations
· The operation, layout and uses of computerized process control consoles and peripheral equipment.
· Various type of instruments, including field and bench calibration of devices.
· Distributed process control systems.
· Fresh water or wastewater transmission, collection, pumping and treatment processes, characteristics and major equipment.
· Characteristics and operation of electrically controlled pumps.
· Graphical process control display information Human Machine Interface
· Effective oral and written communication.
· The use of a variety of computer input devices, process control and peripheral equipment.
· The use of telecommunications devices.
· Entering and retrieving information from computers using a variety of computer input devices (includes uploads/downloads of PLCs and Ovation process controller units)
· Organize, supervise and direct training of personnel.
· Use graphical process control display information to recover from process error, alarm, emergency conditions or troubleshooting.
· Reason clearly and react effectively during abnormal or emergency situations.
· Operate a personal computer.
· Interact effectively with all staff levels, internal and external customers.
· Acquire additional skill and knowledge through study and training.
· Speak clearly to give instructions and information over a variety of telecommunication devices.
Valid State of Michigan driver license. Employees in this title will be required to provide and operate a motor vehicle on a reimbursed mileage basis.
Work is performed in a control center/office environment/customer sites/indoor/outdoor/confined space. This position may require out of town travel, and overnight stay.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.