Arlington | Texas | United States | 76018
Responsible for ensuring purchased parts arrive in required production time frame while maintaining minimal on-hand inventory and to provide accurate data analysis and planning of customer releases.
Responsible for material personnel and operations, assuring that the shipping/receiving and delivery of raw material to the production lines are met daily. Ensure Materials employees have the necessary training, tools and equipment to safely perform a quality job within allotted time periods.
· Ensures daily material requirements are met.
· Checks customer release in system to verify accuracy and on-hand inventory versus production requirements.
· Ensures vendors are shipping according to schedule with correct carriers and consolidations.
· Achieve optimal inbound/outbound freight spend and manage Premium Freight.
· Ensures incoming shipments are up to current release schedule requirements.
· Contacts vendors daily regarding production/quality concerns as required.
· Checks cycle count reports to verify on-hand inventory as required.
· Highlight any hot shipments or concerns.
· Verify correctness of receivers entered into the system.
· Maintains Bill of Materials to ensure accuracy.
· Preserve complete compliance with all internal/external audit requirements
· Ensures all bills are made out and trailers have been loaded correctly for shipment to customer/supplier.
· Instructs/follows-up on safety, quality, cost and housekeeping issues.
· Oversees material handlers in their operations.
· Checks headcount and requests replacements when necessary.
· Assists employees with job duties when required.
· Ensure receiving processes are maintained to avoid premium freight.
· Effectively work with employees and local union stewards and bargaining committee to resolve shop floor issues timely
· Performs any other duties required in pursuance of the function of this position or as directed by the Materials Manager
· Follow all company safety, ISO14001/TS16949/IATF policies and procedures.
· Four-year college degree and/or equivalent experience in materials or inventory control.
· Understanding of computer spreadsheets and word processing.
· Experience in a unionized environment preferred.
· Effective communication and organizational skills.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.