Lansing | Michigan | United States | 48906
Responsible for supplying raw materials from the warehouse to manufacturing, moving raw material through the warehouse, and cycle counting on a continuous basis.
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, as related to assigned product lines:
· Supply raw materials from the warehouse to manufacturing as required on work orders, and material issue the work as supplied.
· Move raw materials from quarantine locations to the dedicated bin locations in the warehouse and perform inventory transfer in inventory control system.
· Replenish finished goods from manufacturing to the dedicated warehouse locations and perform location transfer in inventory control system.
· Move short dated product to quarantined locations and perform the inventory transfer.
· This position will do continuous cycle counting on all inventory items in their control.
· Process scrap forms, pulling material, physically disposing of material following company guidelines.
· Will be involved in physical inventories
· Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Any other assignments or projects as given by supervisor or manager.
· Problem Solving – Can identify and solve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Oral Communication – Can speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Listens and gets clarification as required. Responds effectively and in a timely manner to inquiries. Will be an active participant in meetings.
· Written Communication – Can write clearly and informatively. Varies writing style to meet needs of reader. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
· Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Demonstrates knowledge of basic business terminology. Orientation towards profitability.
· Interpersonal Skills – Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
· Ethics – Will treat people with dignity and respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support – Will follow and support corporate policies and procedures. Completes necessary administrative tasks correctly and on time. Detail orientated.
· Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Will exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Will include appropriate people in decision-making process.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Can utilize time efficiently. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure/stress. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
· Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma with one year of inventory related transactional activities including warehousing, shipping, material handling, cycle counter, inventory clerk or equivalent. Must have basic understanding of perpetual inventory, electronic inventory transactions, material flow and BOM’s
Must maintain a valid license to drive at all times.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as BOMs, reports, safety rules. Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence.
High School level mathematical operations.
Must have solid knowledge of Windows Office Suite, electronic communications and Vista OS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the use of a hand truck or up to 500 pounds with the use of a pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors or airborne particles, and potentially hazardous chemicals, utilizing proper personal protective equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Some work is performed in a cold room.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.