Lansing | Michigan | United States
The IT Director oversees the planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions. This includes directing all IT operations to meet organization requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions. The IT Director directly supervises the IT development, infrastructure and support teams.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
· Provides leadership to the department employees in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values;
· Meets regularly with management staff to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and accountability, and work to provide growth paths for staff
· Lead the IT department’s strategic and operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. Collaborate with executives and department heads to develop and execute a long-range corporate IT roadmap. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the organization’s infrastructure and applications
· Provides project coordination of internal IT departments and other departments and assigns accountability and insures all areas are aligned and moving in the same direction.
· Produces detailed time line for each new application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status; addressing issues as appropriate
· Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns/deviations to the executive team
· Directs the planning, development, design and implementation of new applications and ensures the consistency and sustainability of existing computer systems and software programs by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for current technical solutions
· Serves at the primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions
· Assists in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT staff
· Serves on planning and policy-making committees
· Assists in procurement of contract resources as needed
· Responsible for the oversight of the IT Project Portfolio
· Additional responsibilities as assigned
Education or Equivalent Experience
· Four-year degree in computer science, computer engineering, business administration or related field
· A minimum of 8 + years of IT experience including at least three (3) years of departmental management experience
· Experience devising technical road map and strategy while ensuring milestones achieved
· Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts and methodologies; Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Project professionalism, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
· Champions change and effectively managers the implementation of new ideas
· Must be detail oriented
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Reinforces team approach; Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels
· Excellent organizational skills; must be able to multi-task under time constraints, prioritize and respond quickly to a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of methods and processes used in software quality assurance and software development life cycle
· Knowledge and skills in test methodologies
· Knowledge of enterprise architecture planning and setup
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.