Kalamazoo | Michigan | United States | 49048
HRU has teamed up with a global industrial construction company to find a couple of Journeyman Electricians to join their team in Kalamazoo, MI. These are contract to direct hire opportunities offering a competitive salary and full benefits package. If you have your Journeyman's card and are open to working in a permanent position, apply now!
To help speed up the application process text "journeyman" to 40458 to answer a few questions. This will assist us in getting your complete application so we can move forward with an interview!
These positions reports to a Construction, Service or Low Voltage leader. These roles are responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices.
• Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical systems in compliance with the National Electric Code.
• Provides teaching, coaching and mentoring to apprentices learning the trade.
• Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform complex industrial and commercial work in construction, service and/or low voltage system scenarios.
• Maintains compliance with all OSHA, FZ, and customer safety requirements and company policies.
• Works without direct supervision and helps lead apprentices.
• Bends and installs conduit, installs lighting and basic control systems.
• Performs wire and cable pulls.
• Installs motor feeders and makes standard motor connections.
• Participates in safety talks, audits, and related safety activities.
• Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe acts, conditions,or incidents.
• Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles.
• Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
• Completes work with a focus on safety, quality and a sense of urgency.
• Participates in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10 hour training.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Possesses and active Journeyperson’s license
• Strong knowledge of the most recent National Electrical Code
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and comfort with technology
• Skilled at reading and following blueprints and electrical schematics
• Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for teaching others in this area
• Ability to informally lead others, including directing work and coaching for improvement
• Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, customer service and goal attainment
• Operates with honesty and integrity
• Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently even under pressure
• Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problem solving skills
• Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
• Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime and in varied weather conditions required
• Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.