Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
The Lab Automation Technician will perform repetitive, high throughput DNA testing in a lab that processes over 400K cotton and soybean samples annually. Will follow a pre-established process carefully while operating high throughput laboratory automation to complete DNA extractions from multiple crop species in a specified time frame and consistent with internal quality standards. All work will be assigned by team supervisors and completed by the Lab Technician using a lab information system (LIMS). The Lab Automation Technician may assist senior analysts in downstream analysis processes including using fluorescence-based PCR for GM technology confirmation and zygosity determination. Prior experience and comfort working in a high throughput lab environment performing repetitive routine work is preferred. Knowledge or interest in lab automation, plant genetics, and lab information management systems is a plus. Position will report to the Crop Analytics Lab Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or Genetics plus two or more years relevant laboratory experience.
• Experience in a high throughput (200K samples/year) testing lab generating routine analytical data.
• Ability to initiate and complete analytical testing according to applicable work instructions within a defined timeline and compliant with QMS guidelines.
• Knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of DNA isolation and fluorescence-based PCR.
• Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with laboratory automation, liquid handling, and software systems such as LIMS.
• Proactive communication on progress of assigned projects
• Ability to interact positively and proactively with team members
• Previous experience with plants or agricultural crops preferred, but not required
• Computer skills including SharePoint and MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
• This is not a research position. This person will run an automated process that has already been established.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.