Savannah | Georgia | United States | 31404
Objectives of the Position
• To conduct routine and non routine Quality Control testing of finished goods, in process, and EHS testing as required.
• To conduct quality control testing on all products manufactured by the Savannah site facility in accordance with documented analytical test procedures as directed by the Quality Supervisor.
• Set up, calibrate and operate laboratory instrumentation such as analytical balances, pH and ion meters, microwave moisture analysis ovens, microwave digestion ovens, surface area analysis, atomic absorption, X-ray fluorescence and diffraction and particle size analysis.
• Operate computer controlled instrumentation and be able to store and extract data.
• Prepare solutions, standards and buffers according to standard formulas used in analytical analysis.
• Prepare quality control production samples such as microspheres, zeolites, FCC catalysts and alumina.
• Prepare environmental effluent samples.
• Prepare final product samples and documentation for shipment release.
• Responsible for efficiently setting up and safely conducting laboratory and/or system experiments.
• Responsible for making and recording experimental observations. Performing data entry and interpreting control charts and graphs.
• Communicate timely and accurate analytical information to operations personnel.
• Aid in review of laboratory procedures.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform routine repair to laboratory instrumentation.
• Participate in functional team activities including safety, housekeeping, training, HR, etc.
• Ability to support laboratory overtime requirements.
• To record and document all test results in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) and report any out of specification/out of trend results as per site procedures.
• To conduct regular and timely in-process quality control testing of all products and advise the production department of corrections and/or adjustments required to bring chemical product within specification.
• To assess the quality of all products in accordance with packaging specifications before it leaves site and immediately report any non conformances.
• To ensure all laboratory instrumentation used for product quality control is within calibration and all-routine calibration tests are carried out in accordance with QMS procedures.
• To conduct regular testing of waste generated by the Savannah site facility and alert the Quality Supervisor to any results which are out of specification.
• To carry out any other environmental and safety monitoring tests in accordance with the documented specifications and test procedures.
• To review stock levels of laboratory consumables and ensure good housekeeping maintained within the laboratory at all times.
• The position requires a working knowledge of laboratory applications with the ability to develop or integrate new procedures or work instructions.
• Applicant must have the ability to read and interpret documents such laboratory procedures, operating and maintenance instructions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Applicants must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This includes the ability to calculate ratios, percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Applicants have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Applicants must have proven track record of working effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment.
• The technician/analyst must be capable of organizing complex work flow patterns and balancing multiple priorities in order to keep pace with critical production and shipping demands.
Education: BS in Chemistry or related field
Working Experience: Previous laboratory experience including wet chemistry analytical techniques
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.