San Diego | California | United States | 92121
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leading candidate to find a Laboratory Automation Scientist This individual will create automated workflows and stand-alone automated pipetting methods.
Our client aspires to be the world’s leading chemical company for their customers. They are focused on creating chemistry for a sustainable future. As a Laboratory Automation Scientist you will lead and assist in designing and executing automation protocols. You will be also be responsible for the interpretation of laboratory results and managing of hardware malfunctions.
This is a
hands-on laboratory position (light lifting, bending, reaching and pipetting
Programing liquid handlers including Agilent Bravo (Vworks) and Hamilton Vantage (Venus on Vantage).
· Colony picking.
· Develop and validate methods for the above liquid handling systems.
· Programing scheduling software (Genera).
· Utilize existing and implement new automated protocols.
· Clearly communicate project status using email, conversation and presentations.
· Facilitate the transfer of automated protocols and provide subsequent automation support as needed.
· PhD/MS in a scientific or engineering discipline with 4+ years industrial experience; -OR- BS with 8+ years laboratory automation experience.
· Serious safety focus, attention to detail, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to work on multi-discipline team.
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Programing, maintenance and troubleshooting experience with liquid handling systems.
· Ability to establish priorities while maintaining flexibility in a dynamic environment.
· Competent programming skills for Hamilton’s Vantage using Venus on Vantage.
· Advanced programming ability for the Agilent’s Bravo using Vworks.
· Experience with Retisoft’s Genera scheduler.
· Integration of automated liquid handlers with supporting equipment experience.
· Intense organizational skills and ability to keep multiple projects moving forward at the same time.
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Benefits and Salary:
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short term and long-term disability
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.