Lockport | New York | United States
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leading client looking for a Logistics Specialist to plan and schedule production and procurement.
Our client is an established industry leader in the automotive industry. You would be responsible for analyzing inventory levels and planning production based on mix, manpower, machine capabilities, material availability, and customer requirements.
• Plans and schedules production or procurement considering
mix, manpower, machine capabilities, material availability and customer
• Analyzes inventory levels and adjust to facilitate storage & synchronous concepts
• Coordinates DCA’s and engineering permits to obsolescence
• Maintains accurate purchase order release and and DMAT system
• Analyzes record to control unauthorized substitution, misuse and Bill of Material errors
• Monitors vendor over shipments and initiates action to correct
• Makes decisions and/or recommendations having substantial impact on plant operation and performance
• Provides follow-up assistance in assuring maximum schedule performance
• Regular contact with others outside the work group
• Review, correct and forecast inventory balances
• Coordinates implementation of engineering changes
• Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SPQRC initiatives
• Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required
• Must support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost goals
• Supports/implements the ISO9001/ISO14001/ (GMS) Global Manufacturing System compliance processes
• Minimum of 5 years of experience (hard requirement) 10
years of experience is preferred
• Demonstrated high level of ability in the areas listed below
• Knowledge of material department operation, manufacturing processes and departmental relationships
• Knowledge of SAP – Material Management System
• Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Excel
• Planning and organizational abilities
• Personal attitude encompassing a “sense of urgency” required in analyzing and resolving difficult situations
• Analytical ability where problems are complex
• Oral and written communication skills
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Understands SAP
• Understanding of bill of lading, material flow management, information flow management (how systems talk to each other)
• Sharp problem solving abilities. Must be able to analyze a problem, get to the root cause, and come up with solutions to correct it.
• Understands how components are received and shipped
• Understands material management
• Bachelor’s Degree required (ie. Business/Material Management, Supply Chain Management).
Position Type: 12 month contract
Job Location: Lockport, NY
Benefits and Salary:
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short term and long-term disability
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.