Warren | Michigan | United States
· Responsible for the Supervision of Hourly Maintenance UAW Employees
· Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical concepts
· High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
· High level of interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of CNC machines preferred
· Able to read and interpret CMM reports
· Able to read and interpret machine drawings and part prints
· Requires strong maintenance systems and technical background.
· Works cross functionally with engineering, supply chain, finance, HR, and the UAW.
· Oversees planning and preparation of all weekend and project work.
· Oversees ordering and kitting of material for immediate repair and project work (GMS Compliant).
· Manages and coaches’ teams in the GMS (Lean Manufacturing) process. Is a catalyst for the implementation of GMS for maintenance at the level 2/3/4/5 boards
· Provides coverage for Maintenance Lead
· Maintains contact with production floor operations and reacts to non-standard conditions.
· Complies with the terms of the local and national agreements
· Conducts routine layered audits
· Attends Safety Observation Tours
· Manages manpower accountability for Maintenance and Operations
· Create and distribute weekly manpower reports
· Maintains weekly absence tracker
· Monitor SIR and SOT (Safety Observation Tour) findings and track to closure
· Implements Safety and Workplace organization standards
· Supports Workplace Safety System as required
· Supports Hazard and Risk Assessments as required
· Supports Critical Task Assessments as required
· Provides Continuous Improvement and Problem-Solving Data
· Manages Production Maintenance Partnership Implementation and tracking
· Manages Maximo (Preventative Maintenance)
· Track spare part incident report countermeasures
· Tracks required training for Maintenance and Operations and schedules with Leads accordingly.
· Lead Problem Solving coach for maintenance teams
· Lead focused long-term maintenance projects resulting from TIP process
· Knowledge of financial management concepts to improve costs.
· 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
· High School Diploma is required but a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Manager is also open to candidates with a vocational schooling technical trades diploma, or an associate degree
· Experience supervising skilled trades
· Experience working within a technical fast paced environment
· Knowledge of UAW employees / policies
· Hazard recognition abilities
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.