Tonawanda | New York | United States
Assist in executing the business plan for the maintenance department. Proactively pursue the vision established for the area and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation. Has supervisory responsibility for a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production and/or maintenance operations. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of general practices and standards.
The ability to deal with complex problems is desired. Some guidance from the supervisor is available to handle unusual situations.
• Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and leverage resources to solve quality problems.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management.
• Understand and consistently administer the National and Local Agreements between General Motors and the United Auto Workers Union.
• Bring leadership skills that help develop teams.
• Strong problem solving skills (utilizing data).
o Implement/follow systems that prevent recurrence of known issues.
• Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping.
• Motivate, train and develop employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods.
• Influence your peers to accomplish plant goals.
• Utilize human resources in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Achieve production schedules and product requirements by applying lean manufacturing/synchronous principles with emphasis on variation reduction.
• Control costs and achieve productivity improvements.
• Provide input to payroll and perform other administrative tasks as required.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement and apply lean principles to both operations and maintenance.
• High level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and facilitate others in group situations. Proficiency in team building and ability to create an environment that allows for measured risk taking.
• Ability to effectively organize and plan.
• Well developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
• High level analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are unique and diverse; Ability to exercise independent judgment is required.
Education and Training:
• Minimum of 1+ years of experience in a management/supervisor/leadership role.
• 2 year technical degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.