Lockport | New York | United States
Are you a leader of people? Do you have a background in skilled trades or engineering? If your answers are yes, then join the contracting team at HRU Technical Resources to work onsite with a leader in the automotive industry. We have worked with his client since our inception in 1980. We have helped 1000’s of people enhance their career through contract positions with this client.
As a maintenance supervisor you will be working rotating shifts and be responsible for supervising employees in construction and maintenance projects.
Supervise a medium size group of employees in a skilled area of work which involves the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general procedures and specifications. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
• Supervises construction and maintenance projects
• Responsible for diagnosis of equipment malfunctions
• Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
• Meets schedule and quality requirements
• Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
• Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
• Implements divisional and Corporate policies
• Frequent contact with others outside the work group
• Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
• Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
• Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
• Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
• Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
• Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
• Knowledge of basic math including trigonometry
• Oral and written communication skills
• Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts
• Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
• Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output
• Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering
• Preferred: Bachelors degree in engineering or other technical field
• Required: Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.