Vance | Alabama | United States | 35490
The maintenance technician is part of the maintenance department and reports to the engineering department. The maintenance technician will work to make repairs and maintain equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, dc electric tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Observes mechanical devices in operation, diagnoses, and repairs malfunctions.
· Dismantles mechanical devices to gain access to, remove, and replace defective parts.
· Makes approved modifications to machinery and equipment to meet production needs.
· Lubricates and cleans parts.
· Starts equipment and devices to test their performance.
· Sets up and operates mill, lathe, drill press, grinder, welder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
· Maintains, installs, and repairs electrical equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance work orders on equipment and tooling.
· Programs PLC’s and uses PLC logic to trouble shoot and solve equipment problems.
· Works with Fanuc and ABB robots. Point teaching knowledge helpful.
· Installs new machinery and equipment.
· Observe all company rules and policies.
· Maintains a safe work environment.
· Performs Lockout/Tag Out procedure for defective equipment or tools.
· Fabricates approved fixtures for production use.
· Performs pipefitting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Industrial Electronic/Mechanics associate degree or equivalent and knowledge of and experience with basic plc, electrical processes, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, pipe fitting, and blueprints. The maintenance technician will also have a minimum of 2 years plant floor maintenance experience or a Journeyman’s card.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Employee must be able to recognize situation and take proper precautionary measures and utilize PPE when necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must take FFD physical to qualify.
· Technician candidates are required to provide proof that they can perform the duties listed either in the form of certificates, training, testing, or performing work. If performing of work is necessary, qualified personnel (maintenance technician, maintenance supervisor, and department manager) will determine integrity of work.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.