Morristown | United States | 37814
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for providing engineering oversight and support in product manufacturing activities which are driven by new programs, customer performance and quality concerns, plant optimization, cost reductions, safety and profitability. Develops and justifies proposals to enhance design, machinery, fixtures, methods, and materials. Supports production functions to continually improve safety, quality, and productivity. Programming of Robotics and trouble-shooting of manufacturing processes / PLC’s.
· Provide lead engineering support on all manufacturing processes.
· Conduct cost analyses of cost reduction proposals and coordinate the completion and implementation of approved cost reduction projects.
· Act as primary liaison between company and suppliers or customers for the approval and implementation of new program launches, engineering changes, new machines and fixtures and resolution of any engineering issues.
· Provide support by leading and participating in problem solving activities for the permanent resolution of manufacturing issues (Global 8-D process).
· Troubleshoot machine and process problems, develop immediate and long-term solutions and coordinate resolution activities.
· Program / development of Robotic work cell applications, robotic programming,
· Work on the plant floor with operators, machines and fixtures to improve manufacturing processes in areas of safety, quality, productivity, throughput, quick change, and ergonomics.
· Train operators and support personnel in process flow, PM and troubleshooting.
· Coordinate and execute engineering sample and prototype builds.
· Concept, specify, quote machines, equipment and fixtures and work with suppliers from concept through final approval.
· Initiate, coordinate, and verify design changes to part prints, or changes to work instructions, set-up instructions, PFMEA’s and process flow diagrams.
· Involvement on new programs during the APQP process and participate in APQP activities, including but not limited to: design development, failure mode and effect analysis, manufacturing feasibility studies, CFT and VA/VE meetings, line and floor layout, resource allocation, capacity studies, production trial runs.
· Champion TS16949 Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Make recommendations, plans and suggestions that promote continuous improvement throughout the organization.
· Follow systems for TS16949 and ISO14001
(4) year engineering degree or equivalent technical degree. Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in
related field & Six Sigma Black Belt with Lean Manufacturing experience
preferred; I.E. background a plus. Should
be grounded in tooling and equipment, blueprint reading, CADD and work
analyses. Robotic programming and operation. PLC logic trouble-shooting and
programming. Some exposure to capital
expenditure justifications, plant layout, industrial automation and direct labor utilization a
plus. Strong verbal and written
communication skills, proficient in MS Office or equivalent and must be able to work in a team
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.