West Point | Georgia | United States
Uses engineering principles to design, procure, install and validate manufacturing processes. Analyzes and plans for labor utilization, equipment requirements, workflow, manufacturing space requirements and layout for maximum efficiency. Interfaces with the development team from concept through start of production to ensure the successful launch of new products.
· Development of manufacturing processes by completing detailed engineering analysis of:
o Design for assembly
o Logistics and contingency planning
o Process flow
o Process labor planning & line balance
o Material flow planning
o Plant layout
o Facilities requirement definition
o Build manifest definition
o Shop floor controls systems
o Ergonomic analysis
o Workstation planning
o Andon/Plant visual management
o Process failure mode and effect analysis
· Production equipment & tooling specification, purchase and acceptance
· Validation of manufacturing process to meet labor targets, production output and quality standards
· Actively participates in Health/Safety/Environmental investigations and the 8D process in order to develop root cause analysis for problem resolution as required.
· Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely affect other team members, assets or to the public.
· Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Engineering
· Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
· Equivalent experience may be considered
· Minimum of three (3) years industry experience
· Automotive interiors experience preferred
· Working experience in manufacturing assembly environment desired
· Thinks analytically – The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
· Drives for Results – The passion to set high and meet high standards of performance
· Influences Others – The ability to persuade others to support your agenda / objectives
· Drives Accountability – The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
· Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in Cad software
· Analytical problem solving
· Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with a cross functional team
· Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
Ability to travel (Globally) to support product
launches and technical problem solving
40; 1st Shift 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.