Lansing | Michigan | United States | 48906
Summary: This Manufacturing Formulator is responsible for the bulk formulation, manufacturing, sterilization and dispensing of liquid media and ancillary products in Centrus Manufacturing, Lansing, Michigan campus. Assembles and packages diagnostic test kits used in the food safety industry according to Standard Operating Procedures ensuring accuracy and quality throughout the assembly process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manufacturing product as required including formulation, preparation, sterilization and filtration
· Perform inspection of components and final products
· Assemble product components into final packaging
· Dispense, cap and label components
· Complete production paperwork, including quantities produced, scrapped and in-process
· Weights and/or measures each component for each product as called for on the work order
· Combines and mixes the components to form the product
· Maintains general cleanliness and organization of physical area(s) responsible for
· Other duties as may be assigned by Management
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum AS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or other related life science. Ability to work in the metric system for weights, liquid and volume measurements.
Language Skills: Ability to read, interpret and understand documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedural documents in English. The person must be able to read computer screens in English. .
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform routine, basic lower level college mathematical operations, including basic statistical functions such as percentages.
· Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner and reports same; gathers information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Oral Communication – Can speak clearly in both positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification as required; responds effectively to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly; presents numerical data effectively.
· Ethics – Treats people with dignity and respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support – Will follow and support corporate policies, procedures and decisions once made.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; can utilize time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure/stress; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests;
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit, for prolonged periods of time. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity (with or without corrective devices), depth perception and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (dust), wet floors, cold or hot areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic agents that require the use of specific PPEs. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.