Lansing | Michigan | United States
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a leading automotive manufacturer to find a Manufacturing Process Engineer in Lansing, MI.
The right fit for this position will have a knowledge of manufacturing processes along with strong communication skills. The right personality for this position is process and data driven with a manufacturing background specifically in bringing tools and equipment online.
• Work with Product Engineering to help drive
error proofing features into product designs
• Review and approve PAD/MPP Documents
• Provide manufacturing input to Manufacturing Planning Studies and EWO’s. Provide labor cost studies (as required).
• Tool & equipment design, build, validation, installation and production training.
• Provide single spindle nutrunners (including overhead rails, bridges, balancers, trollies, over-travel switches, safety cable, festooning, tethers, special sockets and controllers or FRL’s as required)
• Ensure tool designs are data-banked and spare parts information is available
• Manage the tooling budget within the approved line Item.
• Meet program timing - Maintain accurate Master Tool & Timing List (MTTL)
• Workstation setup and layout development (material routing and placement, tables, mats, platforms, rails, power drops, ventilation and lighting)
• Manufacturing workstation validation - Provide scrolls for major tools and monuments
• Plan, estimate, procure, and validate material sub-assembly lines, and sequencing areas.
• Review and respond to E2 within the allotted time.
• Drive the resolution of PRTS issues.
• Error proofing evaluation of all of all parts and operations using the Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) process.
• Pursue Base Engineering Content (BEC) reduction with Product Engineering. Maintain BEC +/- files
• Assign / develop BEC for new program content in STDS or APS
• Provide STDS build sequence for virtual integration builds.
• Create build sequence, route parts to department & section level, and complete rough line balance at IVER
Description & Purpose:
• Working in general assembly
• This team woks on new products that are in the launch stage
• Manufacturing, or automotive, or plant experience
• Associate's Degree in Engineering (ex: engineering technology, industrial, electrical, mechanical, etc.)
• Working with processing (i.e. how to process a line, etc.)
• Ability to read blueprints or drawings
• Ability to work within Excel
• Shift flexible
• entry level, 1-2 years if experience
• General Assembly experience is HIGHLY preferred
• Bachelor's Degree
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.