Clarksville | Tennessee | United States | 37040
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with a leading tire company looking for a Manufacturing Unit Manager in Clarksville, TN.
The Manufacturing Unit Manager will lead, manage, and coordinate all manufacturing activities for continuous improvement of production efficiency in manufacturing. You will also be responsible to control production to ensure optimal throughput efficiently, on time, and within budget.
· Manage human and material resources to meet daily production requirements
· Maintain existing operating conditions and rapidly identify improvement opportunities
· Learn TP safety protocols, compliance, regulatory requirements, reporting, administration, budgeting, supplier base, and customer expectations
· Become proficient with Continuous Improvement initiatives, analyze data, perform root cause analysis, apply effective methodologies and permanently solve problems, and identify opportunities for continuous process improvement
· Develop full understanding of operating conditions leading to meeting daily targets
· Prepare, maintain, and communicate production reports relative to achievement of safety, quality, and cost
· Prioritize equipment for preventive maintenance
· Ensure standard operating procedures and training materials are understood, accessible, and followed
· Establish expectations for departmental PPE adherence
· Drive quality requirements and standards
· Drive utilization of team boards in all areas of department and get team buy in
· Monitor and assess performance of staff and hold staff to expectations by conducting performance appraisals
· Manage budget and identify and drive cost control initiatives
· Engineering/Technical Degree OR Business Degree – Advanced degree in Technical or Business specialty preferred
· 10 years’ experience in manufacturing leadership
· Lean manufacturing or six sigma certifications preferred
· Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques to maximize effective manufacturing
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Experience with business and management principles with exposure to strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership, and production methods
· Exposure to positive employee relations, information systems, and database management
Position Type: Direct Hire
Job Location: Clarksville, TN
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.