Herndon | Virginia | United States
As part of the Office of General Counsel, the marketing compliance specialist focuses on supporting and enabling the marketing efforts particularly by assisting in the legal review and analysis of marketing and promotional materials. This is a great opportunity to be part of a cross-functional team of talented and creative individuals. The position requires familiarity with laws and regulations relating to marketing and advertising and provides an opportunity to work with emerging technologies and advertising platforms. Knowledge of laws specific to automotive industry, as well as consumer finance law, privacy law, and trademark law are preferred but not required.
· Supports the marketing business units by providing advice and counsel on advertising, marketing, social media and other forms of marketing and public relations outreach.
· Reviews, evaluates, and advises on brand advertising, press releases, promotional publications, social media and other marketing copy.
· Reviews, evaluates, and comments on brand sweepstakes, contests, sponsorship and marketing contracts, and other obligations of the company and its subsidiaries.
· Identifies legal risks associated with marketing materials and coordinates with attorneys within Office of General Counsel to advise business client of degree of legal risk associated with such materials.
· Coordinates with attorneys within Office of General Counsel, business managers, and agency personnel to meet marketing objectives within legal requirements and policies.
· Compliance specialist or paralegal with minimum of 5 years of experience and preferably at least 3 years of experience in the areas of marketing and advertising law.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Ability to work in a fast-pasted environment.
· Experience with pre-publication review.
· Strong analytical, time management, communication, computer, and interpersonal skills.
· Familiarity with new technologies and social media platforms.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and organize a large volume of work within tight deadlines.
· Strong communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written.
· Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software.
· Strong influencing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage resources effectively.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.