Holland | Michigan | United States
Responsible for the distribution of raw stock, finished parts, or parts in process to all manufacturing departments. Assist with receiving and shipping as needed. Maintain heightened sense of detail, making sure all paperwork is completed accurately and on time. Inspect production parts to insure accuracy, quality, and engineering tolerance requirements are met.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision-making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Make sure all parts are carefully loaded and secured for safe transit within the plant and also to and from outside suppliers.
2. Determine appropriate paperwork and match to each job. This may include work orders, process sheets, blueprints, purchase orders, etc. Document and report any issues/ discrepancies if needed.
3. Assist Quality Control with inspecting incoming parts from outside Vendors and from inside the plant.
4. Inspect all parts, using measuring equipment provided, insuring Fogg engineering specifications are met.
5. Inspect all parts insuring cosmetic appearance is first quality
6. Route parts to other departments in the factory as necessary.
7. Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties daily.
8. Monitor the due dates on the process sheets and complete all work by the scheduled due date.
9. Perform inspections of purchased parts or company finished products.
10. Time off must be approved, in advance, by the Material Handling Manager so that adequate coverage can be maintained to support our customers’ needs.
11. Use ERP/DOS based software to maintain inventory, including entering parts received and issued.
12. Stock parts bins with finished parts, making sure parts are secured in proper bin or area.
13. Receive and process UPS incoming daily.
14. Maintain a professional appearance at all times representing company in a professional and courteous manner.
15. Unload material from trucks in the dock and receiving area. Check to make sure materials have not been damaged in transit, and the appropriate bill of lading is attached to the shipment, before unloading.
16. Direct off-loaded materials to appropriate area of manufacturing.
17. During times when the duties outlined above are fulfilled, you may be required to perform additional duties as requested.
A. Internal Contacts – Material Handling Manager, Materials Manager, Parts Manager, Plant Manager, HR Manager, and all employees.
B. External Contacts - All vendors.
· Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and a driving record free of infractions, misdemeanors, or convictions.
· Must have PC/Computer skills, which include knowledge of word processing, data analysis and spreadsheet applications.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.