Hammond | Indiana | United States
Planner Responsible for all production material requirements planning and procurement necessary to support plant production needs. Communicates delivery schedules with vendors and monitors their status to ensure uninterrupted production with minimal inventory. Maintains system inventory records, enters transactions and administers regular MRP/RPS processing to determine and communicate material needs.
• Conduct weekly processing of MRP and RPS in system.
• Prepare material release schedules for communication to vendors and monitor their on-time delivery as needed.
• Review vendor delivery performance and update SRS.
• Maintain records of excess transportation cost for vendor issues.
• Coordinate with engineering and purchasing the introduction of new part numbers and phase-out of obsolete material during product launch.
• Prepare obsolescence claims and supporting documentation.
• Monitor and reconcile claim discrepancies with vendors.
• Input inventory transactions for material movement and inventory adjustments.
• Review and establish safety stock or bank levels of material when necessary.
• Maintain relevant system records including planning parameters and purchasing information.
• Review purchased material inventory levels on a regular basis to maximize inventory turns and optimize vendor delivery performance.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Make recommendation and contributions toward continuous improvement.
• Follow systems for TS16949 and ISO14001
Minimum three years of automotive experience in materials or production planning.
Experience with computerized MRP systems and familiarity with EDI preferred.
Must have solid communication and problem-solving skills in a team environment
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.