Algonac | Michigan | United States | 48001
A Fixture Builder must be able to read and understand blueprints to fabricate, repair or setup fixtures with various machining equipment and hand tools. Our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assembles a variety of standard and non-standard major jigs, fixtures and related tooling.
• Ability to read and interpret 2D and 3D engineering blueprints – NX/Unigraphics.
• Ensures jigs function appropriately with complex angles or contours.
• Responsible for determining methods and sequence of operations and scheduling work to be performed from tool design drawings.
• May be required to verify accuracy and quality in accordance with established control procedures.
• Familiarity with lathes, grinders, drill presses, and manual Bridgeport.
• Basic working knowledge and fundamentals of hydraulic, and pneumatic systems a plus.
• Must be reliable and work well with others.
• Must be willing to learn and advance individual skills.
• Follow instructions given by supervisor quickly and efficiently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to travel 15% of the time to customers for installs.
• Required to have a valid driver’s license with no suspensions.
• Ability to obtain clearance to travel internationally (Canada).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive, with internal and external customers and coworkers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum 2 years experience as a fixture or machine builder.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
• Prefer experience reading and interpreting Unigraphics/NX blueprints.
• Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and various software programs.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
• Must have own tools.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.