Holland | Michigan | United States
Individual designs and documents new products and product line enhancements and material. Works with manufacturing to determine the best manufacturing process for existing and new products. Works with quality personnel to insure that all quality aspects of product design and manufacturing are met by applying engineering principals under minimal supervision.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Performs in depth investigation into materials, processes and products, as assigned by management.
2. Utilizes sound engineering principles to design new products or modify existing ones from information provided by: customer request/feedback, sales/sales engineers, manufacturing personnel or service team.
3. Works with manufacturing to determine the best design to minimize labor and overhead costs.
4. Works with other engineering designers to review form, fit and function of product designs by utilizing SolidWorks.
5. Develops engineering detail and assembly documentation to support tooling quotations, manufacturing and manufacturing preparation.
6. Requests prototypes from outside suppliers, or manufacturing, to be used for engineering performance, concept evaluation and reliability testing.
7. Assembles prototype product using power and hand tools. Lifts/moves parts weighing up to 40 pounds during engineering evaluations to determine form, fit and function.
8. Initiates and coordinates development programs which will increase cost efficiency resulting in smoother workflow for manufacturing. Including testing and analysis of materials, processes and prototypes.
9. Analyzes competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance and packaging.
10. Contacts and when necessary visits customers, suppliers, and agencies to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selections, or manufacturing processes.
11. May be asked to travel and provide engineering field support for customer base and/or our dealer/agents, maintaining optimum quality customer service, as required.
12. Support customers and Sales Department on project control specifications. Answer engineering customer service telephone calls.
13. Maintain a professional appearance at all times representing company in a professional and courteous manner.
14. When QC Department requires additional assistance due to production demands, you will be required to help in that department.
A. Internal Contacts - Sales Department, Purchasing Department, manufacturing and all employees.
B. External Contacts - Moderate contact with suppliers and vendors. Occasional contact with agencies, customers, and dealer/agents.
× Bachelor of Science in engineering discipline or equivalent, preferred.
. 3-5 years SolidWorks.
. Detail oriented with strong math skills.
× 5 years engineering experience required, packaging industry preferred.
× Experience may include machine design, tooling, controls or field maintenance.
. Valid Passport- preferred.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have PC/Computer skills, which include knowledge of word processing, data analysis and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.