Florham Park | New Jersey | United States | 07932
Purpose of the Job – As a part of the the Company's Media Relations team, this contract position supports overall governance of external communications in North America, ensuring adherence to the Company’s Media Relations policies and processes.
Knowledge and Experience –
• BA degree in Journalism or Communications required.
• At least 5 years of experience in media relations required.
• Outstanding communication skills including advanced writing skills, knowledge of Associated Press style is a must.
• Proven ability to write and edit news releases, captions, social media posts.
• Ability to track projects, develop analytics, create and distribute reports.
• Adept at working with internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
• Comfortable working during non-core business hours if needed.
Principal Responsibilities –
• Review and edit all news releases issued in North America to ensure they meet the Company's style, format and media relations standards; provide clear and constructive feedback to authors; advance news releases and maintain database of all releases issued.
• Develop and distribute quarterly key message documents.
• Manage a master list of all media inquiries and interview requests received by journalists, track and maintain a database of all published articles.
• Schedule and coordinate a weekly call to discuss emerging issues across the region; maintain and distribute a weekly list of all planned news releases and tracked issues.
• Provide secondary support to Social Media Specialist, monitoring the Company's social media channels, reporting significant activity and responding to posts where necessary. Assist with the development of social media posts.
Nature and Scope – As a part of the the Company's Media Relations team, this contract position supports overall governance of external communications in North America, ensuring adherence to the Company’s Media Relations policies and processes.
• Work environment
Capable of working independently with minimal supervision; providing regular updates. Works well in a team environment.
• Business environment
Mastery of business computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.