Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
Candidate will assist with generation of genotypic data to identify the molecular basis of native traits for their application in cotton and soybean improvement. The selected candidate will work with a small team to apply sequence-based genotyping approaches using state of the art instrumentation. The candidate will be responsible for performing various plate-based molecular biology protocol steps along a high throughput process that turns a plant DNA sample into a DNA sequencing library and then into DNA sequence data.
Major Tasks and responsibilities
• Work within a group of laboratory scientist that perform: DNA sample quantitation, 96 well plate-based enzymatic steps for DNA sequencing library production, and other sample and reagent preparation steps using various liquid handling instruments
• Record and summarize sample preparation steps in a laboratory notebook
• Work well with others, contribute to team synergy
• Ensure compliance to Safety and Stewardship programs
The Main Objective of this Function
Sample processing for production of sequence-based genotyping data for all cotton and soybean molecular breeding projects
• BS with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a high throughput or research laboratory
• Good working knowledge of and experience in the field of molecular biology
• Creative and flexible thinking while maintaining attention to organizational detail
• Proficient verbal, written, and presentation skills. Proficient in MS Office Applications.
• Experience using and troubleshooting liquid handling instruments for processing of 96/384 well sample plates and/or creating next generation sequencing libraries will be a differentiating capability
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.