Southfield | Michigan | United States
Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
Seeking a Network Service Operations Engineer responsible for supporting, maintaining and designing LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures. Provide oversight and direction to the global managed service partner. Provide high-level technical support for regional and global data and voice network systems by creating service requests, providing configuration guidance, maintaining network documentation, maintaining hardware and software standards, and delivering projects as needed. Execute and provide oversight to network delivery projects. The engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
• Manage, handle and resolve of network incidents
• Provide L2 and L3 support to managed services and helpdesk
• Manage on-going system changes
• Act as a point of contact for Adient Business Units and managed services providers.
• Manage or assist in managing implementation of global and regional IT network projects and refresh.
• Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the network group.
• Network usage monitoring and performance engineering for optimal network utilization, availability and stability.
• Design, evaluate and implement cost-effective, scalable and secure global Networking solutions based on business requirements or priorities including LAN, WAN, firewall, IP telephony and network optimization equipment.
• Review and recommend using the latest technology on network related requests/projects/support globally keeping in accordance with company's IT policies and standards
• CCNA, CCNP or other industry recognized certifications
• Between 3 and 5 years current, hands on work experience
• Working experience with Cisco, F5 and IOS including configuration and troubleshooting is required.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with customers and stakeholders to gather requirements and provide excellent stakeholder service.
• Experience leading network projects.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
• Practical skills interfacing with and orchestrating managed service providers.
• Bachelor Degree Preferred
• In-depth knowledge of network technologies, such as VLAN, STP, LACP, MPLS, L2VPN, Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF), DNS, QoS, VoIP, Proxy, etc
• Experience with Cisco switching, routing, Nexus, F5 APM/GSM/LTM, Cisco ASA-X, Cisco wireless, iWAN, metro area technology, Zscaler and ISE is desirable.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.