Greenville | Wisconsin | United States | 54942
The New Product Development (NPD) Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for the sourcing progress of new product development programs across various businesses and products within our organization. The individual selected for this role will be the pivotal link between (1) External Suppliers (2) Internal Global Procurement and Supply Chain (GPSC) Team (3) Internal Engineers designing the product. Success in this position would result in designing a world-class supply chain for each part of a new product based on the cost of design, supplier selection, to creating a material flow plan for production.
The candidate selected for this position will be working at one of Forbes 2017 Best Large Employers, a 2018 Top Military Employer, one of Glassdoor’s 2018 Best Places to Work, & one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Source identification, evaluation, and consideration
• Spearhead all quoting activities of a new product as defined my management
• Lead data driven direction sourcing decisions
• Serve as key stakeholder in weekly project trade off discussions
• Responsible for GPSC performance to project targets (cost, weight, milestones, etc.)
• Accountable for GPSC supplier data and weekly project report content
• Partner with engineering and suppliers to drive cost and performance improvements on the product
• Conduct and communicate data analysis from quotations and supply chain plans to confidently decide as a greater team the proper source and supply chain for the items
• Lead and coordinate meetings with both internal team members and external suppliers via WebEx and at the suppliers site
• Create and communicate presentations to company leadership
• Properly archive supply chain and quote information and update the Master Bill of Material
• Issue Purchase Orders for Prototype Parts
• Track, Manage, and Expedite Prototype Orders as needed to remain in line with the master NPD schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering or a related field
• Internship or entry level full time experience in procurement and supply chain
• Strong experience in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Influence, relationship building, dealing with ambiguity, resourceful, self-motivated
• Experience communicating with suppliers and facilitating internal and external customers
• Self-Starter and Motivated Individual
• 3+ years of Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment
• Willing to adapt and utilize colleagues to progress towards the goals established by leadership
• Experience working directly with engineers
• Project management experience
• Willing to work with limited direct supervision and asking for support and priorities when needed
6 month contract to direct
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.