Warren | Michigan | United States
• Liaison between VS-GA and all departments at the Assembly Plant.
• Single point contact for tooling/equipment issues, concerns and possible continuous throughput improvement ideas/projects.
• Provide technical direction and project management oversight to suppliers, contractors and/or plant maintenance for new tooling and kit installations to minimize travel of VS-MEs.
• Support tryout and debug of tooling and equipment at assembly plant.
• Maintaining accurate Tooling Status List for shipment and installation to meet targets.
• Receive all tooling deliveries/packages based on installation schedule.
• Support new vehicle launch at the assembly plant which will include various shifts and long hours during construction and launch events.
• Ensure all ME tool designs are data-banked and spare parts information is available to plant.
• Assist in the planning, estimating, and evaluating of new manufacturing process and equipment for installation. Often requires conducting plant floor walks with IEs and Contractors to understand scope of work.
• Attend (1) plant safety walk per month to maintain VSGA presence and site on safety.
• Communicate project status, results and lessons learned to VS management.
• Provide manufacturing input to Manufacturing Planning Studies and EWO’s, CR/DN that will impact the Assembly Plant. Provide labor cost studies (as required).
• Work with VS-ME to drive any error proofing features into product designs based on past lesson learning
• this team is responsible for paint and body.
• this particular candidate will be working with Arlington. Significant travel to Arlington.
• This team woks on new products that are in the launch stage
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• 50% of their time will be spent on issue resolution
• 25% will be future planning for future down times
• 25% will be on day to day responsibilities such as updating tool systems, expenses, etc.
• Manufacturing, or automotive, or plant experience
• Associate's Degree in Engineering (ex: engineering technology, industrial, electrical, mechanical, etc.)
• Working with processing (i.e. how to process a line, etc.)
• Ability to read blueprints or drawings
• Ability to work within Excel
• Shift flexible
• entry level, 1-2 years if experience
• General Assembly experience is HIGHLY preferred
• Bachelor's Degree
• 70% Of their time they will be traveling to Arlington
• Trips are usually 1-2 week trips
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.