Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
We are currently looking for a motivated team player experienced in the areas of plant transformation and plant growth and development.
The candidates should possess knowledge of aseptic techniques and plant tissue culture methods and practices, as well as general understanding and application of scientific principles, theories and concepts in the field of plant tissue culture and transformation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting the daily activities following Stewardship and safety guidelines. Preparation of plant tissue culture media and stock solutions are also expected. The incumbent will also be responsible for properly documenting and maintaining high-quality data through the use of databases and/or LIMS in addition to a properly maintained notebook. The individuals will also be expected to actively participate in activities within and outside their area of expertise, including supporting plant production and screening in greenhouse and field environments when needed.
• BS degree in Biology, Plant biotechnology, plant science, or related field or an AAS degree in same with 3 years of experience working in the plant science field.
• Hands-on experience in initiating and maintaining plant cell cultures, and familiarity with different plant transformation technologies.
• Knowledge and/or experience in preparing plant tissue culture media.
• Ability to follow protocols and to effectively communicate results in both written and oral forms.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work on diverse teams and to actively participate in collaborative efforts.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Experience in plant transformation of multiple crop species
• Experience and/or knowledge of current non-GM methodologies and strategies in development of trait product
• Demonstrated compliance with Stewardship requirements, and working in a safe and regulatory compliant manner.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.