Sterling Heights | Michigan | United States | 48310
HRU has teamed up with GDLS to find a Powertrain Engineer for its Sterling Heights, MI location. This is a long-term contract position offering a competitive pay rate and full benefits package. If you have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, 2-5 years of experience and have exposure to military vehicles, this position could be for you!
The Powertrain Engineer will support design, analysis, and test efforts towards the development of powertrain and cooling systems for future tracked vehicle programs.
Work with suppliers towards the development of the subsystems and components for the powertrains and cooling systems
Identify subsystem and component requirements and provide direction to analysis teams
Actively support new product development teams in defining feasible concept solutions
Support development of integration approach
Support CAD model development and drawings
Address cost, reliability maintainability, safety, human factors in the development of design
Assure customer expectations are met or exceeded
- B.S. in Engineering
- Self starter, highly motivated individual
- Experience in the ground combat vehicle powertrains and cooling desired
- Some knowledge on engines, transmissions, generators/motors, heat exchangers, fans required
- Experience in CAD and Advanced simulation tools such as Pro-Engineer, Matlab-Simulink
- Experience with conventional and advanced powertrains such as Hybrid-Electric Powertrains desired
- Knowledge of GD&T desired
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Due to this position supporting programs for the US Department of Defense, US Citizenship is required
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.