Auburn Hills | Michigan | United States
Principal Chassis Engineer
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leading client looking for a Principal Chassis Engineer responsible for the selection, design, development, test and release activities for the Chassis systems.
Our client is an established industry leader in designing, engineering, and manufacturing high quality specialized vehicles. In this role you will incorporate customer requirements and specifications into Chassis system design and development. You will also be interfacing with product design, prototype parts fabrication, vehicle build-up, test, ongoing development engineering, and follow-up of initial and post production in the plant.
· Develop, validate, integrate, and release chassis components and systems based on customer specifications, requirements, and usage
· Perform trade studies and identify the best system architecture and design to meet program specifications
· Engineering analysis (stack-ups, calculations, interfacing with CAE group)
· Review drawings and development of the GD&T of vehicle systems and chassis components
· Review designs for manufacturability and feasibility
· Support and Conduct component and vehicle level testing, including dynamic vehicle testing in off road conditions
· Establishes designs through calculations, analysis, and various design verification techniques
· Approves releasing engineering designs at prototype, test, development, and production phases of program
· Determines test requirements. Oversees or may assist in set-up/monitoring of testing program. Analyzes, evaluates, and reports test results to determine acceptability or needed modifications in meeting specifications
· Maintains contact with vendors and subcontractors to keep abreast of new materials, products, sources, pricing, and lead time requirements
· Provides engineering analysis of field problems and, as required, makes recommendations for, and implements, corrective action
· Participate in product launch teams
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 5+ years’ experience with total vehicle and component design and development
· Vehicle dynamics experience, theory and knowledge of automotive design and manufacturing
· Experience with military programs
Position Type: Long Term Contract
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Benefits and Salary:
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short term and long-term disability
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.