Plymouth | Michigan | United States | 48170
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major Chinese automobile manufacturer to place a Principal Intelligent Vehicle Engineer (HMI). In this role, we are looking for an individual with expert knowledge of automotive HMI (Human Machine Interface) designs. This is a research and development position with our client’s Connected Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) Group.
The focus of this individual will be the development of new HMI strategies to assist our client’s move towards a connected and automated driving experience. We are seeking a creative individual who has the ability to conceive, design, prototype and then help move ideas into production. This role will require an in-depth knowledge of human factors, user-centered design and willingness to research, develop and actively prototype these technologies. You will identify unmet needs through consumer research, create solutions to address those needs and conduct usability clinics to verify the solutions. You will have the opportunity to benchmark the latest vehicles and attend industry events to gain insight into market trends.
This position offers the opportunity to join a group that is primarily focused on research in the emerging field of autonomous driving. The group will also support production programs with new ideas and perform usability research.
The successful candidate should be capable of both working in a team environment and taking initiative when work needs to be done individually. If you are excited about automotive industry, enjoy hands-on experiences and have ideas that you always wanted to implement and enjoy continuously learning and exploring, then we would like to hear from you.
• Working to create simple, consistent and stimulating user experiences in vehicle across a range of devices and platforms.
• Prototyping new HMI strategies both on bench and in vehicle.
• Work with development partners to create HMI hardware.
• Implementation of interactive HMI models.
• Investigate and evaluate new technology and trends.
• Determine software requirements, current and future for HMI technologies.
• Develop Driver Information and Driver Assistance HMI Functions.
• Develop Interface HMI specification for Systems Engineering capture.
• Assist in selecting software development tools.
• Interface with a variety of groups including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and sales.
• Participate in design reviews.
Experience / Education Required:
• Advanced Degree. Master’s Degree is preferred. You must have demonstrable practical industry experience.
• 9+ years of experience in the related field are preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of infotainment systems and appreciation of general ''online'' industry trends and directions.
• Ability to implement new concepts using a rapid prototyping approach.
• Significant advanced knowledge of Ergonomics, driver distraction issues
• Experience with Microsoft Office & Visio software.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Experience with Axure RP or Sketch.
• Experience with SharePoint is a plus
• Team player and project -oriented
• Creative thinking
• Effective communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent project and financial acumen
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Extensive work ethic
• 1st (day) shift position
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.