San Diego | California | United States | 92121
Under general supervision carry out fermentation/recovery experiments, recording data, maintenance/housekeeping and troubleshooting.
1. Carry out fermentation/recovery experiments
• Read SOP s (if not clear, discuss with a senior PDA/scientist). Update SOP based on discussion.
• Prep various types of media: Add chemicals, Adjust to correct volume according to SOP.
• Sterilize medium/solutions using autoclave.
• Aseptically inoculate seed flasks and place into incubator shaker according to SOP.
• Prepare fermentors /recovery equipment for SIP or CIP sequences.
• Calibrate probes according to SOPs.
• Set up fermentation/recovery parameters according to SOP using HMI or Delta V interface.
• Set up fermentors/recovery equipment-hook up all external feed bottles, adjust pH and bias, add necessary ingredients according to SOP.
• Check the inoculum for contamination using microscopy and plating.
• Inoculate ferment\ors - transfer seed into inoculation bottle and add to tank aseptically, start fermentation process.
• Sample fermentors/recovery processes and perform analysis according to SOPs.
• Prepare samples for analysis performed by external groups.
• Adjust parameters according to SOP.
• Perform aseptic techniques including operations utilizing a laminar flow hood.
• Ensure identified problems are communicated to Shift Supervisor
2. Recording data
• Complete all SOPS per GMP.
• Document any process changes or deviations.
• Document fermentation data.
• Gather all documents and print out trends. (if requested).
• Submit detailed shift reports.(if required).
• Initial the pass down log for work completed.
• Communicate maintenance issues.
3. Pilot plant housekeeping
• Ensure pilot plant and equipment is kept clean.
• Perform routine microbiological monitoring (swabs, plating).
• Assist in checking chemical/supply inventory and notifying when items are needed.
• Enter received chemicals in Chemical Inventory.
• Inform supervisor of maintenance issues and submit facilities requests for needed repairs.
• Assist with scientific troubleshooting (organism problems, feeding, etc. using trend data to identify possible solutions).
5. Assist in training new PDAs.
6. Other duties as assigned by Team Leader
Minimum Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree in life sciences or equivalent combination of education and fermentation and/or microbial downstream processing experience
Hours: 10 hour 2nd shift (1:00pm-11:30 pm) Wednesday-Saturday (4/10 schedule)
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.