Auburn Hills | Michigan | United States | 48326
1) GENERAL SUMMARY (Briefly summarize the overall function and objective of the position omitting specific duties.)
2) ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS (Provide an organization chart showing the titles of those supervised directly.
Indicate the total number of employee subordinates to this position. Indicate normal contacts within the company and externally.)
3) SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY (Indicate the magnitude of this position in quantitative terms such as geographic area, sales volume, product value, budget, invested capital, purchases, etc.)
4) PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (State each significant duty and responsibility, describing what is accomplished.)
· Assists in establishing design parameters to achieve most cost effective approach consistent with the end item of the customer’s specifications, performance and reliability objectives, under general supervision. Ensures that product meets Federal, State, local, and military regulations for such items as safety and emission standards.
· Establishes design through calculations, analysis, and various design verification techniques. Approves releasing engineering designs at experimental, test or development phases of the program.
· Determines test requirement. Oversees or may assist in set-up and monitoring of the testing program. Analyzes and evaluates test results to determine acceptability or needed modifications in meeting customer specifications.
· Maintains contact with vendors and subcontractors to keep abreast of new materials, products, sources, pricing, and lead-time requirements. Solicits vendor knowledge and participation in product standardization and cost reduction.
· Provides information and direction to facilitate building of prototype components. Revises design package based on feedback from test activities.
· Provides engineering analysis of field problems and, as required, makes recommendations and implements corrective action.
· And other duties as assigned.
5) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Indicate the education, skills, and experience required for this position.)
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field plus three to five years of experience on total vehicle or component design, test of development or six to ten years of equivalent experience.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
· The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
7) WORKING CONDITIONS (Indicate working conditions required for this position)
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routine uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and copy, fax and scanning machines.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.