Lansing | Michigan | United States | 48917
The Product Engineer – Electronics position is responsible for leading the design and development of new electronic control system products and the redesign of existing products. They will contribute to the success and growth of the organization by leading the engineering activity in launching projects as well as leading warranty reduction activities. To excel in this position, a broad knowledge of electrical hardware and software development is necessary.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Lead the development of new products and the redesign of existing electro-mechanical assemblies
· Collaborate with a technical cross-function team in launch projects
· Communicate with and manage external resources and their deliverables
· Develop product requirements with input from product marketing
· Plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work throughout the launch phase
· Review product designs for compliance with engineering, company, and regulated standards
· Develop, maintain and implement software specifications
· Understand customer requirements and formulate detailed software specifications
· Manage the requirements of complex embedded and mobile software applications
· Track requirement implementation and develop software test procedures
· Investigate warranty issues and lead engineering change activities for current production products
· Investigate hardware and software issues from field returns
· Identify solutions and coordinate the implementation of design changes
· Monitor mobile platforms and operating system changes
· Conduct availability and risk assessments of electronic components
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or similar field.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in electronics and\or software design and development.
· Project management experience
· Full cycle product management experience
· Embedded software development experience
· Mechanical aptitude and ability to read CAD drawings
· Experience in an automotive development environment
· Experience with global homologation requirements
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.