Portage | Indiana | United States | 46368
Supervision of manufacturing personnel and operation, assuring that quality, safety, productivity, schedule and delivery goals are met on a daily basis. Ensure production employees have the necessary training, tools and equipment to perform a quality job within allotted time periods.
• Ensure manpower is at optimum levels, including vacation scheduling, and adjust schedule as necessary in case of material or people shortages. Ensure that production is taking place in a timely and orderly fashion.
• Be fair and consistent when dealing with all people, policies, contract, discipline, etc. and treat people with respect.
• Train and develop subordinates; mediate conflicts (listen, coach, mentor..) quality standards.
• Ensure that parts produced are correct and labeled properly, meeting all quality standards.
• Ensure a safe working environment, and that employees are using safe working methods (including rotation).
• Provide current, up-to-date schedule to operators.
•Ensure inter-and intra- shift and department communication (internal customers, suppliers, scheduling, etc.) and keep operators informed.
• Improve and maintain housekeeping.
• Accurately complete time cards. Assure overtime equalization. Account for all scrap and lost time.
• Monitor maintenance needs, write work orders, coordinate repairs as needed.
• Knowledge of machines, fixtures, tools, and ability to advise, set up and make minor adjustments as necessary.
• Demonstrate applicable processes for training purposes as required.
• Knowledge and communication of all emergency procedures.
• Liaison with planner as to inventory levels of material/finished product.
• Maintain production records, and supply time and attendance records to HR.
• Lead and participate in problem solving meetings.
• Special projects as assigned
• Carries out assigned functions described in Policies, Procedures, and Quality Manuals.
• Make recommendations, plans and suggestions that promote continuous improvement throughout the organization.
• Supports and Participates in Team Facilitator activities.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.