HRU Technical Resources has partnered with our client, an automotive supplier, to help them find direct hire Production Supervisors on 2nd and 3rd shift.
In this role you are responsible for the safe, efficient and
successful operation of the assigned department or area on a particular shift
in a particular Business Unit which includes managing the labor, productivity, maintenance
and engineering to meet or exceed customer production requirements and plant deliverables. Success in this role also requires effective communication
with other supporting department personnel (ex. Materials, HR, Environmental, Health
& Safety, Engineering, Quality, Program Management and DOS) and working
within the terms of the union agreement.
· Assist the BU Area Manager in all aspects of running the business unit as needed which may include filling in during his/her absence.
· Provide direct reports with the tools, coaching, training and mentoring needed to accomplish goals and objectives. Remove roadblocks to ensure success.
· Coordinate department/area activities to fulfill production, service, inventory and delivery requirements.
· Directly supervise union employees in various positions that support the department/area.
· Hold all employees in area of responsibility accountable for doing their job in a safe and efficient manner. This includes the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively, drive team-based problem solving activities while leading and motivating a diverse group of subordinates.
· Analyze all area Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to identify areas for top focus and continuous improvements.
· Closely monitor production, labor, quality, scrap, throughput, efficiencies, etc… and address issues with the team and supporting personnel as they occur.
· Closely monitor overtime.
· Closely monitor, track and report equipment uptime/efficiencies and ensure preventative maintenance is completed as scheduled.
· Perform all required time and attendance responsibilities on a daily and weekly basis.
· Conduct employee counseling and/or issue write up’s according to protocol.
· Ensure that all direct reports accurately and timely complete all production related paperwork and/or data entry.
· Work closely with the BU Area Manager on the Open Issues list to deliver action plans when assigned tasks within the timelines and drive closure to improve overall BU efficiencies.
· Elevate issues to the BU Area Manager according to procedure and protocol.
· Report area KPI as required.
· Attend and/or conduct daily shift, BU or plant meetings.
· Effectively conduct standard shift to shift handoff protocols.
· Participate in problem solving activities utilizing 8D methodologies.
· Provide an environment and culture where safety is the most important manufacturing consideration. All decisions are based first upon our employee’s safety.
- Instill and sustain a culture where 5S is way of life that the entire BU shares in.
· Provide an environment supportive of team-based problem solving that facilitates and fosters communication throughout the operation.
that company policies, procedures and goals are adhered to. Also ensure that all actions taken are within
the guidelines of the union agreement. Ensure
that all Supervisors are treating their employees fairly and consistently.
· Work closely with supporting department activities (Human Resources, Production Control, Maintenance, Quality and Engineering) to ensure operational throughput and customer satisfaction.
· Study production schedules, review performance and customer releases to determine changes in schedules as required.
· Develop a strong team with employees cross trained to cover for absenteeism, vacations and turnover without any loss in efficiencies.
· Identify and recommend continuous improvement suggestions to the Area Manager and/or BU Operations Manager.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
And/OR Abilities Required/Preferred:
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.