Tonawanda | New York | United States | 14207
Production Supervisor / Group Leader
Supervise a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production operations. Work is generally of a technical nature with the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
• Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
• Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
• Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
• Implements divisional and corporate policies
• Implements safety and good housekeeping standards
• Frequent contact with others outside the work group
• Keeps management informed of developments as they occur
• Maintains corporate and unit management control systems.
• Maintains department records
Basic Required Skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedure
• Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
• High level analytical ability where problems are complex
• High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output
• Knowledge of quality control procedures
Basic Preferred Skills
• Problem solving / continuous improvement skills
• High level oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of basic technology of area where assigned
Education and Training
• 4 year College degree preferred
• Experience supervising employees in a union environment
• Experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.