Grand Rapids | Michigan | United States
Work independently under general direction of a supervisor. Work involves a considerable amount of perception and initiative to make decisions. This is a part time position that will require working different hours through the week and working weekends and potentially Holidays.
Act as Group Leader for Machining processes and teams:
• Manage UAW Employees
• Coordinate support group activities related to program machining processes
• Act as champion for implementing and supporting Global Manufacturing System
• Plan and execute training for machining teams
• Reports planning progress to management
• Directs planning activities of production department coordinators
• Regular contact with others outside the work group
• Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job
• Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
*Information Obtained on Request Intake Call*
• Lead in a manufacturing environment supervising hourly union employees
• Responsible for coordinating the support group activities related to machining processes such as production equipment for automobile components
• Focusing on throughput during the weekend schedule.
• This facility produces truck production. This worker is needed to supplement current group leader staff.
• Manufacturing for this facility is going to be working 7 days a week and the current staff needs additional support to meet said expectations.
• Seeking previous supervising experience (inside or outside of manufacturing)
• High School diploma is required
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience is required
• Manufacturing supervisory experience is preferred.
• Manager would accept a candidate that is currently enrolled in schooling
NOTE: The manager will be hiring 1 part time contract worker per each shift (1st, 2nd, & 3rd). Please indicate on candidate's resume when submitting which shift they would require. Position is part time strictly offering weekend support.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.