Indianapolis | Indiana | United States | 46222
Responsible for project management and execution of test facilities capital projects to refurbish and upgrade test capabilities of electronics, powertrain, engine, transmission, and vehicle testing used for the R&D and validation of propulsion systems for automotive, commercial, defense, and off-highway applications. Manage all aspects of design, budget, capital appropriations, execution, and performance validation of said projects. Generate capital appropriation requests and manage appropriations within corporate budget plans. Report to leadership project status at multiple levels.
· Procure and manage A&E design services for the refurbishment and development of test facilities.
· Facilitate and support task-based risk assessments (TaBRAs) for safe facility and equipment designs.
· Facilitate capture of stakeholder requirements and lead development of specifications and drawings.
· Deliver test facility and equipment solutions that meet stakeholder requirements.
· Establish and manage project schedules, coordinate implementation, and meet project schedules & budgets.
· Coordinate facility maintenance requirements, procedures and training for the hand-off of new facilities to operations and maintenance organizations.
· Prepare proposals, specifications, estimates, budgets, and appropriation requests.
· Coordinate and lead procurement of construction contract services and oversee active construction projects.
· Act as liaison to cross-functional stakeholder organizations for facilities and equipment installation projects.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related engineering field
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant project management experience
· Proficient in written and spoken business communication
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
· Experience managing technically complex engineering projects
· Fundamental engineering aptitude
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve technical problems with a systematic method
· Basic abilities with Computer Aided Design tools, such as AutoCAD
· Experience with MS Project or similar project management tools
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 10+ years of engineering experience in a related field
· Experience with dynamometer test systems and measurement systems used in the development and validation of automotive and commercial powertrains
· Basic knowledge of measurement systems and electronic control of mechanical systems
· Basic knowledge of central utility facility systems
· Experience in construction management or professional project management
· Familiarity with International Building Codes
· Familiarity with the Code of Federal Regulations related to the protection of labor and the environment
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.