Oshkosh | Wisconsin | United States | 54902
Project Engineer (Electrical / C4ISR)
Type of Position:
8-month contract position (VERY likely for extension / possible for going direct)
This position is ONLY open to candidates who are US Citizens due to government regulations. Candidates will need to be able to obtain secret security clearance. Client will NOT accept candidates who are Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders), CPT, OPT, H1B, and TN visas. This position is NOT open to corp2corp, corp2hire, or w2 referral.
$47.00/hr (overtime paid over 40 hours)
• Available (health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
• Paid vacation / holidays not available on contract (but would be going direct)
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a major defense contractor and engineering company to place a Project Engineer (Electrical / C4ISR). In this role, you will be responsible for electrical engineering project(s), including communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems within a vehicle platform engineering team. This includes the supervision and/or coordination of teams of engineers and designers. The position will also direct high-level engineering analysis of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope to ensure that designs meet customer requirements, corporate objectives, are safe, and can be manufactured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate the engineering analysis used to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
• Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis / compliance, risk management, issues, management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance
• Evaluate the design and integration of Vetronics and communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems into military ground vehicles against both internal and external requirements
• Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
• Communicate project objectives to team members
• Manages project scope, cost, timeline and risk management and establish priorities for work delegated to others
• Prepare technical reports, presentations, proposals and quotations
• Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
• Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
• Evaluate designs for performance, safety and reliability
• Coordinate and manage internal and external resources to accomplish program objectives, including change management
• Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
• Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
• Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
• Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
• Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
• Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
• Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering
• 5-plus years related experience
• CSEP certification or Systems Engineering experience
• PMP certification
• Possess a strong electrical, computers and in-vehicle data network
• Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Experience with a high level CAD and Pro-E systems
• Ability to obtain a US Military Secret security clearance
• 1st / day shift
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.