Research Triangle Park | Durham | North Carolina | United States
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with an industry leader in chemical manufacturing to find a DevOps Puppet Engineer.
In the role Puppet Engineer you will be developing and sustaining next-generation capabilities for our advanced research & development informatics platforms. The DevOps/Puppet Engineer will support the design and implementation of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) automation framework for applications hosted on multiple, global compute clusters and virtualized or cloud-based infrastructure. Strong expertise with modern Agile methodologies and collaboration/tracking tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab in a primarily Linux environment is necessary. The DevOps team works directly with data scientists, developers and other informatics staff to create a predictable, configuration controlled, reproducible, and automated delivery and monitoring capability for the group. The DevOps/Puppet Engineer also may need to research and integrate new tools and technologies as needed.
· Normal business hours with occasional exceptions, not 24/7 operations support
· Project technical design creation and documentation
· Auditing existing systems and architecture and proposing best practices
· Creating automated solutions for application build, test, QA, deployments, and monitoring.
· 5+ years of experience as an established hands-on member of a DevOps team.
· Expert knowledge of Puppet (enterprise)
· Be skilled with DevOps workflows and common CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Unit testing frameworks, etc.)
· Experience with git and common git server products such as BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab, etc.
· Strong knowledge of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications ideally with hands-on experience
· Experience supporting common and not so common open-source application stacks (web services, sql and non-sql database systems, machine learning and HPC technologies)
· Proficiency writing scripts for maintenance and automation in a variety of languages (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Python).
· Familiarity with JIRA / Confluence
· Strong Linux experience, with a focus on RedHat Enterprise
· VMWare VM management, AWS experience
· Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure: Networking, Storage, Monitoring & Backup tools
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, orally and written.
· Hands on experience as a Linux administrator (Red Hat Linux)
· Proficiency in a current programming language such as Perl, Python, Ruby or equivalent
· Proficiency in managing Big Data software stacks and architectures
· Strong understanding of web application architecture for high performing and scalable applications.
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.