Howell | Michigan | United States
HRU Technical Resources has partnered with a leading Indirect Materials Management company to find an individual to fill a purchasing position in Howell, MI. This position would be working as a purchaser for a company that manages critical spare parts for manufacturing plants throughout North America.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Indirect materials (MRO) purchasing experience
- working with repairable components (sending out for repair/working with supplier to obtain warranty on failed parts)
- managed suppliers and open purchase orders
- SAP experience
Flexible work hours between 7:00-4:30. Would also be on call to support evenings and weekend for one weekend every 7 weeks.
· Issues Purchase Orders (PO’s) for replacement of repaired and new inventory in Inventory Management System (SAP).
· Performs data entry of Warranty and Serial Number Tracking in Maximo
· Works with Customer to obtain parts from vendors in a timely manner, expedited if necessary.
· Coordinates with Shipping & Receiving to ship out parts in need of repair.
· Manage the process for establishing new inventory items from sourcing/quoting, working with GM Common Coding group through initial first purchase of items
· Obtains Request for Quote (RFQ) for each part that needs to be repaired or purchased new
· Open PO management to minimize past purchase PO’s including order confirmation.
· Reviews repair quotes with SME.
· Investigates zero stock on Repair Inventory.
· Work with Analysis file tracking on all scrapped parts, investigate inventory, and work with GM buyers to order new items as needed.
· Support and Attend daily BPD meeting and update all applicable items in Analysis file.
· Obtain sources for problem parts.
Essential Job Functions (continued)
· Support Customer On Call support per weekly rotation. This includes evening and weekend approximately once every 7 weeks.
· Assist plant employees in identifying part needed.
· Plant project management (materials for projects)
· Resolve any part descriptions with Customer and SME and make updates in Symix as needed.
· Work with Operations Manager to document avenues of program cost savings opportunities.
· Assist team members if help is needed.
· Special projects as assigned by Operations Manager.
· Participate in team and company meetings.
· Keep work areas neat, orderly and free of safety hazards.
· Track Warranty and Consigned Material until returned. This includes 3rd party consignments.
· Special projects as initiated by Subject Matter Expert.
· Follow up with vendors on repaired parts that come in without proper identification.
· Assists Operations Manager in adhering to corporate budget.
· Assists in answering incoming phone calls.
· Assists in answering front office door.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.