Auburn Hills | Michigan | United States | 48326
The purpose of the Procurement Analyst position is to optimize the stocking levels of an assigned group of parts and accessories within the company’s network of service parts distribution centers in order to minimize inventory carrying costs while maintaining fill rate (order fulfillment %) targets for the dealer network within the U.S. and Canada and for applicable export markets.
· Utilize tools within demand planning software (Servigistics) and various operational reports to proactively monitor an assigned group of parts and accessories and take the appropriate actions to maintain optimal inventory levels at all locations within the company’s network of service parts distribution centers (e.g. balance existing inventory within network, procure additional material from supplier, etc.)
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with supplier contacts in order to ensure that all orders are shipped to the required distribution centers within the prescribed delivery times. This may involve telephone conversations, emails, or face-to-face meetings with suppliers either at corporate or off-site locations.
· Ensure that all assigned parts and accessories are ordered in the most economical and efficient manner (e.g. consider minimum order quantities, inventory carrying costs, fill rate targets, etc.)
· Work with individual suppliers to develop structured supply recovery plans for critical backorder situations (e.g. demand outpaces forecast or demand outpaces supplier production capacity).
· Prepare formal escalation summaries for management when supplier concerns are unable to be resolved at the working level.
· Utilize problem solving techniques to identify the root cause and develop countermeasures when targets for critical metrics are not met.
· Track and prepare management reports for critical parts (e.g. top backorder count, top backorder age, top backorder $ value, top contributors to lost fill, etc.)
· Provide support for dealer facing contact center by providing updated ETAs for critical parts.
· Place car down or expedited orders daily for out of stock situations as needed.
Top 3 skillsets:
· Supply Chain / Inventory Management
· SAP experience
· MS Excel
· 1-3 years of experience in Procurement, Demand Planning, Purchasing, Supply Chain or related field
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent professional experience (Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Operations Management or Logistics)
· Integration – joining people, processes or systems
· Influencing and negotiation skills
· Strong computer skills
· MS Excel
· MS PowerPoint
· MS Outlook
· MS Word
· Process definition and documentation
· Problem solving skills
· Decision making ability
· Experience with demand planning/forecasting methodologies and systems
· Experience in SAP
· Spanish – written and verbal
· Knowledge of part numbering system and logic
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.