Iselin | New Jersey | United States | 08830
We here at HRU Technical Resources have partnered with a leading chemical manufacturer to find a Python Software Developer.
The position of Python Software Developer will support digitalization projects in Catalyst research. As a “data manager” you will look at various data sources, structure data and data flows, organize data in suitable SQL and NoSQL databases and make data available for data analytics via REST API’s. You will be developing state of the art web frontends as well as stand-alone GUI applications with well documented integrated tested code.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing Python web applications
• Create SQL and NoSQL databases for laboratory data
• Participate in architectural decisions related to the Python web application and stand-alone applications
• Expand the test coverage for newly developed functionalities
• Refactor the application where necessary
• Aid in back-end data processing pipelines where needed
Test-driven Python programming
• Demonstrated ability to produce results on a timeline.
• Clear communication
• Extensive experience in software design, development and testing, integrations, program installations, and system implementations.
• Working knowledge of an ORM (e.g.: SQLAlchemy)
• Familiarity with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem is a plus
• Familiarity with the Scipy software ecosystem (e.g.: Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, statsmodel) is a plus
• Familiarity with Scipy data visualization libraries (e.g.: matplotlib, seaborn, bokeh, holoviews,) is a plus
• Web framework experience. Knowledge of specifically Flask, Pyramids and Tornado is a plus.
• Web APIs, RESTful service implementation
• Agile development tools, like version control with git and Atlassian products
• Using tools for continuous integration and automated testing
• BS in Computer Science or related field with at least 4 years of industry experience
Job Location: Iselin, NJ
Compensation: $48-$70/hr depending on experience
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.