Battle Creek | Michigan | United States | 49015
The Quality Engineer is responsible for maintaining a good vendor/customers relationship by consistently exceeding customer specifications, throughout proper product development and supply in a world-class condition. All systems/criteria shall be developed, documented, and maintained to ensure consistent quality assurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible to ensure that continuous improvement is made in all Production Quality Deliverables
· Prepare PPAP packages for post- production submissions and approval by appropriate Customer personnel.
· Obtain approval of submission packages from the Senior MQE or Quality Manager prior to submission to the Customer.
· Ensure that Customer, internally identified, and supplier quality issues are resolved
· Perform gage studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity, and Stability) before a gage is approved for production use, or after a product change (when applicable).
· Update the Production Control Plan as required.
· Support the Manufacturing Engineer in updating the PFMEA as required.
· Develop appropriate inspection plans and containment plans.
· Utilize all Customer-specific systems
· Responsible to conduct capability studies, and ensure that they are properly performed and documented for product changes affecting special characteristics, and that Customer and internal requirements are met (or a written Customer deviation is obtained).
· Support the continuous improvement of the Operation Description Sheets (ODS).
· Identify and utilize the appropriate statistical tools. Mentor team members on proper statistical application and techniques.
· Assess and approve post S.O.P. Supplier PPAPs.
· Develop and update Control Plan as required
· Responsible for writing and submitting 8-D’s to the customer in a timely manner
· Visit the customer as needed
· Communicator between the customer and thee Plant
· Initiates the Quality Alert when concerns arise and follow the alert until it is closed
· Confirm all customer return material analysis root causes and correct actions
· Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Skills
· High School Education or Equivalent (GED)
· Bachelor's Degree, preferred
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
· GD&T, Blueprint reading, use of variable and attribute gages, part quality inspection
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.