Develop and maintain Quality Systems Procedures. Generate efficiency and effectiveness ideas/initiatives to further improve the Grand Rapids Quality System. Function as Grand Rapids representative to the weekly North American Quality Requirements meeting (NA QR). Execute changes from NA QR into the Grand Rapids Quality System. Maintain all associated dashboard deliverables for various Quality Systems. Function as Center of Expertise (COE) for ISO/IATF Quality Systems Standards and Customer Specific Requirements. Ensure internal procedures encompass latest ISO/IATF requirements, develop internal audit plan, train & develop internal auditors, and facilitate ISO/IATF external audits. Lead internal Built in Quality (BIQ) requirements by facilitate BIQ Basket Weave meetings. Coordinate with GMS lead, conduct quarterly internal audits, facilitate external BIQ audits, and participate in monthly North American super-basket weave meetings. Must work well with various disciplines, engineering, floor and shop personnel and outside auditors and support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness Cost and Environment goals.
Key Job Elements:
• Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
• Coordinates with all necessary departments to insure adherence to product and process requirements
• Build and strengthen relationships between Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing
• Develop and ensure compliance to GMS requirements including standard work, work place organization, layered audits, business planning, etc.
• Ensure robust use of Change Management
• Ensure all issues are identified, resolved and demonstrated for closure
• Function as the key quality linkage between manufacturing and engineering
• Participate in site GMS/IATF audits to ensure robust process implementation and adherence as required
• Participate in site basket weave process to ensure GMS is foundational and culturally sound.
• Maintain safety and good housekeeping standards
• Previous IATF audit experience (preferred)
• Quality Systems knowledge
• Knowledge in Sharepoint, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
• High Level of written and oral communication skills necessary for developing procedures
• High Level of interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
• Experience in manufacturing and clear understanding of core business and processes that support the core business
• Robust understanding of GMS/BIQ and experience working in a GMS/BIQ Environment
• Current / previous experience in quality management in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in quality and managing quality systems
• Demonstrated proficiency with the five key elements of Leadership Framework – character, personal capability, focused on results, interpersonal skills and leading change
• Able to communicate effectively with management and external stakeholders.
• High level of leadership ability in directing team activities.
• High level of organizational skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and assist others in new endeavors.
• High level of influencing skills to help drive strategic initiatives.
• High level of analytical skills to evaluate and resolve problems.
• Ability to manage projects
• Ability to work cross-functionally
• Planning and organizational ability.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• Position Related experience: 2 years +
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.