Sterling Heights | Michigan | United States
The Quality Engineer, with background in the mechanical arena will be responsible for Supplier oversight and compliance as well as hands on Vehicle testing activities in house. The successful candidate will have background and experience with the following activities:
· Perform evaluation of supplier’s capability and performance, especially as pertains to their quality system
· Provide Quality Assurance oversight for procurement and acceptance of subcontractor and supplier product including application of appropriate quality provisions to PO/contract terms
· Provide Quality Assurance oversight for procurement and acceptance of subcontractor and supplier product
· Witness Acceptance Testing and perform Source Inspection of product at subcontractor/supplier facilities
· Audit inspection report information provided by suppliers for adequacy and accuracy
· Support third party evaluation of supplier control and supplier evaluation system
· Analyze product design specifications and requirements to develop in process and final Acceptance Test Procedures for hardware and software deliverables.
· Review test procedures to define equipment requirements as well as development of test equipment.
· Conduct or assist System level testing on prototype or production vehicle systems for the purpose of product acceptance.
· Evaluate and test vehicle software releases to determine that all functional requirements have been satisfied.
· Collect and analyze vehicle test data, summarize results to determine compliance.
· Prepare periodic reports, performance metrics and presentations describing progress and activities
· Perform tasks in other areas of Quality Assurance as may be assigned
· Applicant will be able to perform the duties of the position described in the detailed description of work above.
· Bachelor's degree required in Engineering discipline. Multiple years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
· Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate specific task information effectively.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work alone in a self-motivated fashion as well as supporting a team effort.
· Attention to detail and consistency a must.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to work overtime, when necessary to meet project deadlines.
· Ability to support travel to other facilities, Government installations and subcontractor facilities.
· Must pass ASR to enter military vehicles.
· Military experience and familiarity with military vehicles a plus
· Working knowledge of GD&T preferred
· Working knowledge of ISO 9000/equivalent preferred
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.