Rochester Hills | Michigan | United States | 48309
HRU has teamed up with FANUC to find an Applications Engineer for its Rochester Hills, MI location. This is a long-term contract position working onsite in Rochester Hills but traveling to local GM plants. If you have a Bachelor's Degree in Software or Electrical Engineering, have two years of robotic software experience and working knowledge of KAREL, apply today!
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
This position requires an Engineer to learn the GM Global Standard for robots and use this information to support and validate FANUC robot software that will be used at GM production facilities. The validation Engineer needs to setup applications on the robots that will test KAREL programs, Teach Pendant (TP) programs and robot parameters that provide a robust solution for GM Global Specifications across the world.
Additionally, the Engineer will be required to gather customer requests and requirements needed for current and future projects by working with the GM Global Group Engineers. These requests will need to be clarified by creating a functional specification that is approved by GM. On approval of each development, the Engineer will need to create an internal functional specification for the development. A testing plan will need to be created for self-validation of the software to verify the functionality on the robot application during an internal buyoff. Support, design and develop teach pendant programs and KAREL programs based on customer request. Interact with customers from project start to finish. Applications to be interfaced are: Spot, Dispense, Stud, MH, SPR, Flowdrill, Tool changers, Projection Welding, Arc Welding, Vision, Collaborative robots, etc..
· Develop robot programs written in KAREL, TTP+ and PMC.
· Develop, integrate and validation custom application solutions to meet specific customer requirements (Customer Software Interfaces - Spot, Dispense, Stud, MH, Flowdrill, etc..).
· Operate FANUC robots and software
· Interact and work closely together with Customers and Integrators.
· Write detailed robot software specifications and programming guides based on customer specific process requirements.
· Work as part of a multi-disciplined development team.
· Support sales and quoting efforts as required.
· Supervise and train entry-level engineers.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Attend project meetings with customer engineers and managers
· Software programming experience (TP programs and Basic)
· Robot programming experience
· Ability to work well with customers/piers
· Strong wiliness to work and learn
· Welding, dispensing or plant experience is preferred
· Preferably have Bodyshop and/or Powertrain Experience
· Bachelor degree in Software/Electrical Engineering related field or equivalent relevant experience.
· Experience with industrial robots and/or computer controlled automation for 2 years
3. ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING:
· The validation/testing will mostly take place at FANUC North Campus location.
· Working in GM Tech Center / GM Pontiac Powertrain / FANUC facilities.
· Willing to work overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
· Occasional overnight travel to customer sites, estimated at 5-20% travel.
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.