Battle Creek | Michigan | United States
· Ensuring Microbial program compliance and sanitation compliance, while managing vendor relations related to food safety and sanitation
· Adhering to required sanitation & food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices including compliance with all Food Safety regulations
· Responsible for people safety and proactively engage in people safety initiative and ensuring adherence to all standard work processes
· Overseeing sanitation program to include master cleaning schedule, clean up inspections, validations of allergen cleanings using swabs and/or samples collected for analysis
· Administering the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement/work rules and company policies and procedures in a consistent manner, provides input during planning and preparation for labor negotiations, while attempting to resolve disputes on the floor
· Supporting talent management process for associates, ensuring Diversity and Inclusion meets / exceeds corporate standards, while proactively engaging in the development and training of associates
· Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve plant performance.
· Maintaining and writing detailed clean up procedures and SSOP’s for all plant equipment.
· Responsible for collection of monthly environmental samples for monitoring of pathogenic organisms in plant. Tracking, trending and communicating results to stakeholders.
· Routinely interfaces with vendors for cost savings, ordering departmental supplies, and arranging special services in plant (pesticide applications, fogging, contracted cleaning etc.)
· Responsible for sanitation of plant, warehouse, and plant grounds.
· Strong understanding of applicable regulations, GMP and Food Safety standards in accordance with regulatory bodies (FDA, etc)
· Strong technical aptitude along with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and experience with SAP
· Must be able to work any shift and some 12+ hour days, including weekends and holidays
· BS degree in food science or microbiology
· Proven experience in managing processes
· Significant knowledge of food processing and packaging
· Experience in auditing and Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements
· Previous HACCP certification and thorough technical knowledge of sanitation & food safety
· Minimum 1-year food manufacturing experience required. Three years or greater preferred.
HS Diploma or equivalent required. BS preferred
Thank you. Please complete your application on the next page.
There are currently no jobs matching this criteria
HRU has developed a large network of available candidates nationwide, as the company has been providing recruiting and staffing services in up to 22 States for over 25 years. We specialize in engineering, IT, technical and other support services. We are able to recruit and successfully place candidates in job openings in a variety of other fields and positions as well, such as human resources, administration, management, purchasing, sales, customer service, accounting, organic chemistry and more. HRU is able to service clients, regardless of location, by assigning an Account Manager and experienced Recruiters to provide the necessary staffing and support services. Likewise, HRU may assist job seekers anywhere in the United States, regardless of location.
This site uses technology such as cookies to give you a personalized experience. Click below to consent to the use of this technology.